Sock-stuffing and surgery aren’t your only options. But not every breast enhancement product out there will be good for you. With so many options available in the market, it’s easy to get lost in a sea of broken promises, confusing ingredient lists, and money-suckers.
Related article: Can Breast Pills Make Your Breasts Bigger?
Breasts. Boobs. Tits. Bosoms. Men and women lust over them, babies love to grab them, and even the Bible sings songs about them. Having a well-endowed rack is often associated with femininity, fertility, attractiveness, sexual prowess, and even just being healthy in general. We know they’re not just there for the survival of the species, but neither are they merely for the satisfaction of the male gaze.
In fact, a widely-cited survey shows that while 56 percent of men were happy with their partners’ breasts, 70 percent of women were not. The same study also revealed that dissatisfaction with breast size tends to cause issues with intimacy and self-esteem. But regardless of who’s looking (or touching), more women are willing to do whatever it takes to feel good about the way they look, even if it involves making some “tweaks” here and there.
70 PERCENT OF WOMEN ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SIZE AND SHAPE OF THEIR BREASTS
It’s no surprise that breast augmentation still remains to be the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in the United States. Out of 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in the country, over 290,000 of them were breast augmentations. But not everyone would want to undergo such an invasive procedure, especially with its risks and the potential downtime that comes after it. It’s also not easy on the pocket: breast augmentation, on average, costs $3,708 in the United States as of 2014.
Your Other Options
Before going under the knife, you might want to explore other alternatives to surgery. For instance, have you tried…
- Wearing a… special… bra? We’re talking about push-up bras, padded bras, air-filled bras, water-filled bras, gel-filled bras, underwire bras and adhesive bras. The perfect bra can make those sisters stand out and fit clothes better. That is, until you take your clothes off, of course.
- Not wearing a bra? A French researcher once found that habitually wearing a bra weakens the tissues surrounding the breasts, eventually making it sag. Yes, we know this is a bit confusing.
- Gaining weight? Talk about literally having your cake and eating it too. Boobs are made of fat, so maybe we should all just try to get fat. Of course, there’s no way we can tell how much of that second serving of cheesecake will end up in the right places.
- Exercising? Certain exercises can improve the muscles surrounding the chest, which can prevent sagging, but not necessarily increase breast size. Do it anyway, for the rest of your body’s sake.
- Getting pregnant? Most women experience significant breast growth during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Take note, however, that this option isn’t for everyone, and it usually comes with an actual human being that you have to support and care for. Proceed with caution.
So maybe none of those options seem attractive to you, and you’re worried about the long list of boob-boos that go with surgery, which include increased risk for cancer, infections due to botched procedures, and sometimes, death. (On the upside, a silicone implant just might save your life from a bullet one day.)
Your secret weapon: Breast enhancement pills.
They’re usually taken once or twice daily, and results may vary from person to person. The ones that actually work will take around a month or two to show visible effects. Some common ingredients in breast enhancement pills include blessed thistle, dong quai, fennel seed, fenugreek extract, fennel seed, and L-tyrosine. These natural ingredients have phytoestrogenic properties that mimic estrogen, a naturally occurring hormone in the female body, thus stimulating breast growth.
Which one is right for you?
Different people may have different reactions to any kind of treatment, natural or otherwise. Before you make that purchase, better ask the following questions:
- What are its ingredients? It always helps to check the label to see if you’re allergic to any of the product’s ingredients, or if they go against your dietary restrictions. Some pills contain animal by-products such as gelatin, so be sure to look out for this if you’re vegetarian or vegan. Also, some of the usual ingredients in breast enhancing supplements, such as Dong Quai, Blessed Thistle and Pueraria Mirifica, may cause adverse effects on pregnant and lactating women.
- What do people say about it? Check customer reviews and ratings on websites such as Amazon. Amazon usually verifies if a review is from a legitimate buyer, so make sure that you’re reading real reviews written by real people. Look out for user-reported side effects.
A note on side effects: Side effects may vary from person to person. Even drugs as necessary as paracetamol or hormonal birth control pills have side effects, so it’s up to you to weigh potential side effects against the benefits. Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication or health supplements.
- Can you trust the manufacturer? Find out if the manufacturer passes FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices. Take note that as far as health supplements are concerned, the FDA does not approve specific companies or products, but manufacturing practices. Think twice about products that claim to be “FDA-approved.”
- Is it convenient to use? Some pills need to be used together with creams, lotions or even an exercise program, in order for you to reap their full benefits. Realistically speaking, though, a lot of people fail to meet perfect use standards by forgetting or neglecting a step or two, and thus miss out on the benefits of the product.
- What if it doesn’t work? Find out if the manufacturer provides any safety nets for dissatisfied customers, such as a money-back guarantee.
- Is it authentic? Some shady online vendors rip off popular brands by selling counterfeit products that are either ineffective, or worse, dangerous. When buying on websites such as Amazon, check if the vendor is a legit distributor or the manufacturer itself. When in doubt, look up the manufacturer’s website and buy from there.
Take Your Pick: 4 Popular Breast Enhancement Pills on Amazon
Still not sure which one to buy? We checked the fine print for you on some of the most popular non-surgical breast enhancement solutions available on Amazon. Check out the list below, and see which one fits your needs:
- IsoSensuals ENHANCE Breast Enhancement Pills+Cream
Pro: Its time-release formula promises to deliver results all day.
Cons: The pills have to be used with the cream to deliver faster results. It also contains gelatin, which isn’t vegetarian or vegan.
Price: $29.95 for 60 capsules+ $39.95 for the cream, good for 60 days
Amazon rating: 4 out of 5 (maybe we can represent these graphically, to get rid of decimal points?)
Ingredients: Fenugreek Extract, Saw Palmetto Extract, Wild Yam Extract, Dong Quai Extract, Maca Extract, Red Clover Extract, Aguaje, L-Tyrosine, Fennel seed, Chasteberry Extract, Blessed Thistle. Other ingredients: Gelatin, Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate
CGMP Compliant: According to their website, yes.
Money-back guarantee? No.
- Breast Actives All Natural Breast Enhancement Supplement Capsules and Cream Combo Kit
Pro: Each order comes with an exercise program to complement the product’s breast-enhancing effects.
Con: Having to use two different products (the pills and the cream) makes it inconvenient to use the product as designed, in order to maximize its benefits.
Price: $45.95 for 60 capsules + cream, good for one month
Amazon rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars
Ingredients: Vitamin E, Fenugreek, Fennel, Dong Quai, Blessed Thistle, Dandelion, Kelp,
Watercress, L-Tyrosine. Other ingredients: Cantab, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Silicone Dioxide.
CGMP Compliant: Their website claims that the product is FDA-approved.
Money-back guarantee: 90 days
- Bustmaxx All Natural Enlarging and Enhancement Supplement Capsules
Pro: It’s gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Con: No money-back guarantee.
Price: $30.35 for 60 capsules, good for one month
Amazon rating: 3.5 stars
Ingredients: Saw Palmetto Powder, Fennel Seed Powder, Fenugreek Seed Powder, Wild Mexican Yam Powder, Blessed Thistle Powder, L-Tyrosine, Atlantic Kelp Powder, Damiana Leaf Powder, Motherwort Powder, Dong Quai Root Extract. Other ingredients: Magnesium Stearate, Brown Rice Flour, Hypromellose, Titanium dioxide
CGMP Compliant: Yes
Money-back guarantee: No
- Our top pick: Kimi Naturals Breast Max Plus
Pro: Its potent combination of ingredients make it more effective, even without the use of other products such as creams. Results are guaranteed within 2 months, otherwise, you can get your money back.
Con: A bit pricier than other options.
Price: $34.99 for 60 capsules, good for one month
Amazon rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Ingredients: Fenugreek Extract, Fennel Seed, Dong Quai Root Extract, Blessed Thistle Root Powder, Dandelion Root Powder, Kelp Powder, Watercress Powder, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin E
CGMP Compliant: Yes.
Money-back guarantee: Yes
We did your homework for you, but feel free to check out these brands for yourself. Whatever your reasons are for wanting to grow your girls, it always helps to weigh your options and know which ones are safe, effective, and provide good value for your hard-earned moolah.