They say that good hair doesn’t happen by chance, it happens by appointments. It is certainly true, especially if you consider the necessity of putting in the right effort to make sure that our crowning glory lives up to the promise of its epithet. However, full and healthy hair does not result from just frequenting the beauty salon every now and then. Our daily choices, more than anything, play a more significant role in the quality of hair that we can be blessed with.
If you have issues with growth and strength, that does not mean that you are automatically cut off from the joys of having beautiful hair. You can opt to take on a more proactive role in your day-to-day life about how you approach hair care, and it can help bring about pleasant results and even reverse the problem.
A healthy diet, for instance, does wonders for hair health. So are sticking to helpful hair treatments. And if you want to up the rewards, consider hair vitamin supplements.
What Are Hair Vitamin Supplements?
Hair vitamin supplements are multivitamins that can be taken daily or according to the specified frequency to promote faster hair growth or better hair strength. They are usually taken by those who have:
- Hereditary problems that result in premature hair thinning; and
- Damaged hair that has not seen improvement through treatments, etc
While it is necessary to note that these supplements are not endorsed medically as solutions to hair problems, there have been cases where people who have been using them have seen marked improvement. A health coach and author, in particular, has reportedly said that she has seen improvements in terms of hair growth and strength among women subjects who were on supplements for at least six months.
Which Vitamins Does Your Hair Need
What do these supplements contain? Here are some of the most important vitamins that our hair needs for that unapologetic fullness and lushness.
- Biotin. Also sometimes referred to as vitamin H, biotin is a B-complex vitamin that helps increase hair elasticity, as well as promotes the production of keratin. It is also believed to reduce dryness and potential for breakage. It is among the most common ingredient in many of the top hair vitamin supplements that you can find right now, including Hairfinity Brock Beauty Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins, Sundown Naturals, Sport Research, Naturenetics HairAnew Unique Hair Growth Vitamins, Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails Gummies and Natrol.
- Pantothenic Acid. Another B-vitamin, pantothenic acid is said to have a positive effect on natural hair loss due to aging by strengthening hair follicles and cells. In addition, this vitamin is believed to help in the regeneration of new cells by clearing away dead cells from the scalp. And it can help slow down the graying of hair due to aging.
- Vitamin A. This vitamin is not only good for your eyes! Also called retinol, vitamin A is known to help promote healthy sebum growth. Sebum is an oily substance that the scalp secretes, aiding in nourishment and strength. It also fights free radicals that may lead to breakage and other damage.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a known vitamin essential for healthy and glowing skin, and this fact extends to the way that it helps the scalp. It is said to increase oxygen uptake in blood circulation, which leads to faster and better new hair growth.
Factors to Consider in Choosing Vitamin Hair Supplements
When it comes to choosing which particular hair vitamin supplement is best for you, it pays to take heed of certain considerations. After all, while there are great multivitamins such as The Mane Choice Manetabolism Plus Hair Vitamins that can work to address a wide range of hair issues, there may also be specific conditions that warrant something more specialized. Mind these factors:
- Individual needs. Your whole reason for needing a hair vitamin supplement should be the first thing you consider when you’re shopping. For instance, hair issues that are correlated with conditions that are specific to women – menopause, post-pregnancy, childbirth, etc – may require something like Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Vitamins/Supplements, as this specific supplement is especially formulated to help women. Similarly, if you’re looking for a hair supplement that can also help promote healthier nails, the two-pronged approach of Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Hair Supplements will be ideal for you.
- Ingredients. The components that make up the supplement are also critical. If you have hereditary pattern hair loss, for instance, you need a supplement that does not contain anti-DHT properties. Or if you want all-natural supplements, a vegetarian (and celebrity-endorsed) supplement like Sugarbearhair is recommended.
- Hair type.Lastly, consider your hair type. Some supplements are best for dry hair, while others are formulated for oily hair.
How to Choose the Right Supplements
What can you do to make sure that your supplements will bring you the good that they promise? Follow these tips.
- Educate yourself. The best way to make the most out of anything is to know exactly what you should be getting. In the case of hair vitamin supplements, this is even more important. There are all kinds of products out there, and the benefits they can provide can be harnessed fully if you know what you’re looking for.
- Take the time to sit down and read up on essential information. This way, when you’re going through a list of ingredients, you know which ones you should go for, and which ones may not be very helpful.
- Read reviews. It is also necessary to read product reviews prior to placing an order. This will not only give you an idea about how other people have found the product, it may also open you up to people who have the same hair issues that you have and find something that may be specifically informative to your situation. In addition, reviews will be able to provide you with the caution that you need when you should steer clear of a certain product.
- Manetabolism The Mane Choice Manetabolism PlusHair Vitamins/Supplements
- Hairfinity Brock Beauty Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Sugarbearhair Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails Gummies With Biotin Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Natrol Biotin 10,000 mcg Maximum Strength Tablets Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Naturenetics HairAnew Unique Hair Growth Vitamins with Biotin Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Sport Research Biotin High Potency Hair Vitamins/Supplements
- Sundown Naturals Biotin 1000 Mcg Hair Vitamins/Supplements