Your hair is your crowning glory, and any queen who is worthy of that crown knows that effort is necessary to keep one’s tresses shiny and healthy. This is why the smart man or woman is not scared to go the extra mile and stick to healthy habits, in the pursuit of that full head of beautiful hair. Fortunately, there are a plethora of treatment options that you can choose from to make sure that no matter how you like to wear your hair, you will do so beautifully!
Need a primer? Don’t stress! We have rounded up some of the most beneficial hair treatment options that you should stock up on!
Shampoos can do everything from cleaning your hair every day to preventing premature breakage. There are so many products to choose from; the secret is to choose the right product for your specific needs. Do you have dull and frizzy hair that you would like to tease into its most lustrous version? Are you looking to help speed up lengthening? Or maybe you want your hair color to last longer? What you want to achieve exactly should be your primary guideline in streamlining your options.
In addition, choose hair shampoos according to your hair texture. For instance, fine hair should do well with a volumizing product to add volume and lessen its limpness. Dry hair, on the other hand, needs shampoos that are formulated with moisture replenishing ingredients, such as natural oils.
Deep conditioners differ from regular rinse-out conditioners in that they are used less frequently, but with additional advantages. More viscous than daily conditioners, conditioners like L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 – Damage Erasing Balm Hair Treatment and Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner Hair Treatment are infused with penetrating oils that nourish your hair cuticles, right at the roots.
Some types of deep conditioners can be applied with heat for better results. One such example is the Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment, which doubles as a hair mask and a deep conditioner. The same goes for the ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask Hair Treatment.
Then there are hair treatments that are infused with herbal ingredients, harnessing the power of the natural environment in helping you achieve your hair goals. One of the best of these is the vegan deep conditioner that is Lush Cosmetics Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze Hair Moisturizer Hair Treatment.
When you’re choosing deep conditioners, make sure to read the list of ingredients. A hair treatment is only as good as its contents. Stay away from harmful products and compounds such as silicone, parabens, and alcohol.
Leave-in creams function in the same way that skin moisturizers do: they impart a little more moisture and help our locks look more vibrant. Unlike regular or deep conditioners, these creams can be applied to wet hair – until the next washing.
Most of these creams are ideal for nourishing your hair strands and helping ease tangling, like the Macadamia Oil Natural Oil Nourishing Leave-In Cream Hair Treatment or the Phyto 9 Daily Ultra Nourishing Cream. Others are formulated with the inclusion of special ingredients such as silk for extra shine and moisture, such as the Chi Silk Infusion or the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream. Additionally, there are leave-in conditioning creams that help strengthen the hair while keeping it bouncy and volumized, as in the case of the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Hair Treatment.
One of the most important things to remember when shopping for leave-in creams is to choose a product that leaves your hair looking shiny, not greasy. Products that contain too much oil may not be helpful. And don’t be afraid to test out a few products until you find one that best suits your needs.
Providing our crowning glory with the moisture that it needs to do its thing and keep slaying does not stop at feeding it what it needs to be healthy. Our habits and routines also play an important role in our hair’s health and shine. Mind these tips:
- Eat healthy. What we feed our hair on the inside reflects on its vivacity, on the outside. A balanced diet is necessary for hair health. If you have dry hair, feel free to treat yourself to more bananas, nuts, brown rice, and raw vegetables. If you have oily hair, green and leafy vegetables, as well as salads and fresh fruits will immensely help. And for normal hair, stock up on proteins and amino acids from chicken and fish.
- Do not comb wet hair. Water weakens the bonds within hair strands by about a third, which leaves our hair prone to damage. Combing or brushing it when it is wet leaves it more vulnerable to breakage. Wait until your hair has dried before combing it; or if you can get away with it, minimize combing even dry hair as much as possible.
- Be gentle with your hair. One of the most easily overlooked essentials in hair care is the need to be gentle. Do not run through your hair with combs with sharp teeth, do not tug on it with a brush in a very harsh way if there are tangles. Similarly, if you feel like you have been subjecting it to too much heat and treatment, allow it to rest.
- Give your hair a trim every now and then. Hair trims are usually thought to help hair grow longer faster, but it is not true. It does, however, get rid of split ends, flyaways, and other signs of damage. As a result, your hair will look healthier and fuller.
- Get enough sleep. Lastly, make sure that you are catching enough zzzs! Most people tend to forget that health and well-being are not only beneficial to our internal organs; how we look is also directly influenced by how good we feel.
- L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 – Damage Erasing Balm Hair Treatment
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream, 6 Fluid Ounce Hair Treatment
- Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner Hair Treatment
- Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Hair Treatment
- Chi Silk Infusion Hair Treatment
- Phyto 9 Daily Ultra Nourishing Cream With 9 Plant Extracts Hair Treatment
- Lush Cosmetics Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze Hair Moisturizer Hair Treatment
- Macadamia Oil Natural Oil Nourishing Leave-In Cream Hair Treatment
- ArtNaturals Argan Oil Hair Mask Hair Treatment
- Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner for Dry and Damaged Hair Treatment