Looking good is important to accomplishing a lot of things. No, this does not mean that you have to be born with supermodel features to be successful. But each one of us can do something to make ourselves look more presentable, both to society and to the person in the mirror.
Makeup is one of the most powerful tools that we can turn to, where that is concerned. The range of products out on the market today is wide and diverse, and you are sure to find something that appeals to your personal taste and style, even if you are a newbie or a seasoned makeup artist.
Choosing the right cosmetic accessories, though, is integral to pulling off the desired look. Makeup is designed to enhance our natural facial features, and the options that we have today are so diverse. In fact, one can say that it may be too diverse. This is why having a good idea of what you like is a good starting point for choosing your products. For instance, do you like to keep it sleek and simple? Or are you more into heavy shadows and dark-lined eyes? Think about what personally appeals to you, and then shop accordingly.
In this guide, we will cover some of the most essential basics that should be considered prior to your shopping.
Primers and Other Accessories
Prepping your face for the slew of powders, creams, and other components that are about to go on it is important to the finished look. A clean canvas for the masterpiece, if you will. If you’re planning to wear full makeup in the morning, for example, clean your face thoroughly the night before and allow it to rest with something like the Dream Maker Sleep Mask. If you have acne and bad spots, the Nexcare Acne Absorbing Cover features wonderful patches that drain the icky stuff from your face overnight.
When it’s time for makeup, make sure your hair is kept away from your face with a black band or something as pretty as the Shintop pink headband.
You can opt to make priming as simple or intense as you would like it to be. For example, you can simply wash your face and then use the Live Fresh Natural Oil Absorbing Blotting Sheets, apply moisturizer and proceed to foundation. Or you can opt to use primers that are formulated for a wide range of needs, from pore-minimizing to face lifting. Just make sure to choose products that are gentle to the skin, feel light, and last long.
Foundation and Other Accessories
Some people like foundation creams that provide full coverage, others like the easy glide-on and lightness that a BB or CC cream provides. Whichever floats your boat, just make sure that your foundation is apt for your skin tone and texture. For concealers and correctors, refer to your skin tone
and the specific issue you’re trying to blot. Concealers should be a shade or two lighter than your natural skin tone; reds and oranges as correctors, on the other hand, are great at neutralizing dark undereye areas.
Eyeshadows and Other Accessories
One of the best things about choosing eyeshadow palettes is the flexibility of the options. You can have one big palette that contains all the colors you ever plan to use, or you can stick to three-tone ones if you mostly stick to one look most of the time.
For eyebrows, you can choose from anything from pencils to cream pots. Or you can opt to use the same eyeshadow palette, provided that it offers pigmented options that are not shiny. For eyelashes, mascaras and falsies are your two primary options. Choose products according to your desired volume. The Ilulu Metal Eyelash Comb and Eyebrow Brush with Spoolie is a great product that works well on preparing both your eyelashes and eyebrows for makeup.
Blush, Bronzer, and Others
Choosing blushes, bronzers, and even contour kits is fairly straightforward. You just have to go darker or warmer than your natural skin tone, and stick to a product that feels nice on your skin.
Highlighters and Others
The same rule for blush and bronzers apply for highlighters. Go one or two shades lighter than your skintone, and find your desired intensity.
Lipsticks, Lip Creams, and Others
All’s fair when considering lipsticks, lip creams, and lip balms. Where your lips are concerned, what you want to achieve is the only thing you have to think about.
When it comes to choosing brushes, just remember to get ones for the specific application. And then clean your brushes by mixing a gentle shampoo with warm water, or with something that is especially formulated for the purpose such as the HeroNeo scrubber board.
Getting the right makeup accessories is important; keeping them is equally essential, especially if you’re traveling. Makeup bags and organizers come in all shapes and sizes, from the Bumb 3pcs/set makeup bag and cosmetic case to the double layer organizer replete with mirror from Dedc DuaFire.
Designs are also abundant, from simple and sleek to the Nicky’s Gift Countryside Flower Floral Pencil Pen Case Cosmetic Makeup Bag. Look for bags that are made from durable materials, as well as designed to be optimally functional for your needs.
- Ask for recommendations. Your friends and family are some of the best resources to turn to if you’re in need of a nudge towards the right products for you.
- Have fun! Makeup is one of the best ways to bring out a better version of our looks, bond with our friends, and even de-stress. It is also a good educational tool, especially if you’re into pulling off the latest trends. But if you find that your makeup skills are rather constrained compared to your favorite YouTuber, don’t worry! Just have fun with it, and use it to express your personality.
- Remember that you’re already beautiful. Finally, remember that the best cosmetic products and accessories will not be able to change the inside. Don’t forget that you are already beautiful.
- Dedc DuaFire Cosmetic Bag Double Layer Dot Pattern Travel Toiletry Bag Organizer With Mirror Accessories
- Shintop Women Fashion Lovely Soft Carol Fleece Bowknot Bow Makeup Cosmetic Shower Elastic Hair Band Hairlace Headband Pink Accessories
- Ilulu Metal Eyelash Comb and Eyebrow Brush with Spoolie Cosmetics Accessories
- Dream Maker Sleep Mask Anti-Aging Accessories
- Nicky’s Gift Countryside Flower Floral Pencil Pen Case Cosmetic Makeup Bag Accessories
- Heroneo Cleaning MakeUp Washing Brush Silica Glove Scrubber Board Cosmetic Clean Tools Accessories
- Bumb 3pcs/set Waterproof Portable Home Helper Outdoor Travel Organizer Make Up Bag Case Accessories
- Live Fresh Natural Oil Absorbing Blotting Sheets, Large – 100 Pack Accessories
- Bumb 3pcs/set Waterproof Portable Home Helper Outdoor Travel Organizer Case Cosmetic Make up Accessories
- Nexcare Acne Absorbing Cover, Two Sizes, 36 Count Accessories